I have a general rule: the busier the upcoming week, the more I meal prep! I know I won't have a minute to breathe this week in between client meetings, wellness meet ups and my little daughter's birthday, so I made several batches of easy foods to pull out during the week.
Here's what the week looks like:
1. 4 salads with 7oz romaine lettuce each, 1 avocado each, raw veggies and cooked chickpeas.
2. 2 packages of tempeh (scroll down for recipe)
3. Salad mixins including:
- 1/2 box banza pasta
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes
- fermented cabbage
4. Extra jicama sticks to snack on with lime
5. One batch lemon mint dressing
6. Two bowls chia puddings (recipe HERE)
7. 4 Square Organics Bars for high protein snacks throughout the week when on the go.
This tempeh recipe is so simple it's ALMOST too embarrassing to post, but here goes!
Lemon Soy Tempeh
2 packages organic tempeh, any variety
1/4 cup avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
3 tablespoons Braggs Amino Acids (Tamari or coconut Aminos also works)
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350. Slice tempeh into any desired shape and place in a large 9x13 Pyrex. Mix marinade ingredients and coat well. (You can marinate the tempeh several hours to overnight, but I'm generally too crunched for time to do that). Bake, covered 30-35 minutes.
Since I made the tempeh early in the morning, I enjoyed them freshly baked with some kale and avocado this morning!
I will be posting meal prep info here as well as easy recipes YOU can prep ahead to get you ready for the week! Drop me a line and let me know which recipes you are most interested in!
Looking for another tempeh recipe?
PARSLEY LIME TEMPEH RECIPE
PEANUT BUTTER TEMPEH
And that chia pudding recipe is HERE
Have an amazing week everyone! Michelle