One of my favorite ways to use my DoTerra essential oils are definitely by applying the blend of oils I need directly onto my skin. This is called a topical application and the oils are very effective at penetrating through the skin, entering the blood stream and landing where they are needed in the body.
If you haven't yet subscribed to my blog, make sure to take a look at the top bar, where each subscriber is emailed an Essential Oils Newbie Guide, meant to answer the most basic questions about essential oils! This Guide is an invaluable tool to someone who has not yet embarked on this wonderful journey!
You will need to subscribe in order to receive this guide but, promise me, its worth it!
When it comes to essential oils (and anything in life, really) I always say safety first! I do not recommend applying oils to the skin without first diluting them- these are very potent oils! The easiest way to have diluted oils at your disposal for whenever you need them is definitely by making roller balls. You simply apply the blend of oils and dilute it with fractionated coconut oil (coconut oil that doesn't turn solid).
Here is the step by step process I use to make the roller balls along with the accessories I use in my own home:
1. Purchase 5 or 10 ml glass roller balls. I like these pretty ones from Root and Petal.
I also use liked that these 5 ml roller balls came with a funnel and tool to open the caps up so I bought one set of these to keep those accessories.
2. Buy Fractionated coconut oil. I own the DoTerra fractionated coconut oil. However, I do go through A LOT OF THIS STUFF as I offer many sessions to new oilers on how to make the roller balls and think I'll end up buying a larger size on Amazon. Fractionated coconut oil isn't like the essential oils, where I would NEVER sacrifice quality for price. It is simply a carrier oil.
3. Add desired amount of essential oil to the roller ball. There are many people with many opinions on how much essential oils to use but I always err on the side of caution. Most of the time, less is more. Since many of these roller balls are used on my kids as well as myself, I use the amount safe for kids. It is also important to think about whether you would use that blend daily or as needed.
4. Fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil, using the funnel. Make sure to leave space at the top to put the rollerball on.
5. Snap on rollerball using that little useful tool.
6. Shake bottle.
7. Label bottle.
There are so so many blends that you can use, but the easiest way to start is by simply taking ONE oil and making it into a roller ball. For example, make a roller ball with 2 drops of lavender to put on your kids pulse points before bed. How easy it that?!
If you don't yet own any essential oils, but want to get into this MASSIVE wellness trend, I can help you out! I offer a variety of helpful bonuses for people who order through me including:
- a set of roller balls
- a 30 minute personalized Skype tutorial on using the oils to best suit your needs
- important handouts and bonus blends and DIY recipes!
Get in touch with me by sending an email to email@example.com to get your family started!
Shop This Page
*Items featured are the exact items I own in my own home and use with my family. If you choose to purchase through my links, I receive a small commission which goes towards the running of this site, so thank you!